Monday, June 25, 2012

Patriotic Pride

Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest. Praise the Lord for summer vacation from school! I am having a blast doing little things that I have wanted to do all year! I check Pinterest on my phone several times a day just to keep up with all of the new ideas. I pin many things, especially for my classroom, but many times I don't get around to completing these cool projects until much later. However, some things catch my eye and I am hooked! Do you ever find those posts on Pinterest that you love so much you have to make them immediately?? This was one project I had to do right away! 

I love making wreaths and try to make one for every season, but I've had the same one on my door since the spring and it was time for a new one! Luckily, this worked out perfectly with the 4th of July being next week! I found the tutorial for this Patriotic Pride wreath over at Sky's Blog! Though this wreath looks a little complicated to make, it was really very simple! However, it is a bit time consuming. It was a several hour project to work through, but I LOVED the outcome!



I'm so excited about this new addition to our front door to celebrate the holidays next week! Nathan's brother-in-law (Gentry's daddy) is currently deployed and serving in the Air National Guard in Oman, so this will be a very meaningful 4th of July for our family. We miss Kelly very much and can't wait for him to be back home in November, but we are also so very thankful for his commitment and service to our country.

Like I said, this is a simple, yet time consuming wreath to make and you can find the tutorial at Sky's Blog if you would like to make your own. If you would like to have one of these beautiful wreath's, but don't want to make it yourself, you can e-mail me at lynzielamb89@gmail.com and I will gladly make you your own for $30.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment