Sunday, January 16, 2011

Save The Date!

Wedding plans are in full motion! Mom and I have been trying to get as much done before school starts as we can and I think we have made great progress! One of the biggest tasks, to me, was getting the Save The Date cards mailed out before I went back to school. So, on Wednesday afternoon, Nathan and I went to Lifeword to meet Nick Jacobsen. Nick is so creative and helpful with pictures and ideas, so he helped us, the non-creative ones, come up with a cool idea! We had originally planned on going to the rooftop of Michael Angelo's at sunset. However, that day just happened to be one of the coldest days all week! I was kind of stressing, not really sure what we were going to do. But of course, Nick saved the day! The idea was to set the date and time on Nathan's iphone to be for June 18th at 1:00, like our actual Wedding Date. Then we sent a message to Nathan's phone with the other info! Nick set us up next to a really pretty, random red wall at Lifeword and took some really awesome shots of Nathan and I blurred out and the iphone up close and in focus. I absolutely loved them!!

Nick got them all set up so quickly and Mom and Dad got them printed and we were ready to get them all stuffed, sealed, addressed, stamped, and in the mail! Nathan and I spent all day Saturday stuffing envelopes, putting address labels on them, and I just finished sealing them! So tomorrow, they go out in the mail! I'm just so excited to be sending out the first of the invitations! Here are a few photos from our day!


Nathan was so very helpful and so willing to do what he could, even after being sick this week! I am so blessed that he didn't mind helping me stuff them all!

We had an assembly line system going on! Thankfully, we work well together :)

Mom and Dad napped while we worked!

Almost done!

We had a wonderful weekend. Nathan and I were able to spend the whole weekend together, talking about the wedding and married life! It was a huge blessing and much needed because of the busy, stressful semester that is ahead. I start student teaching on Tuesday and I know that it will be very busy and leave little time to hang out like normal. I am so very excited about student teaching, but I do realize how different the next 4 months will be compared to what I have been used to! I'm sure there will be many updates about how it goes! If you think about it, pray for me this week during my first week with the kids! I want to impact them and leave a mark on their lives, while learning all I can about being the greatest teacher I can be.


2 comments:

  1. Lynzie!! I'm so glad you posted on my blog so now I can follow your blog. I love it and CONGRATS!! I didn't know you were engaged..that is so exciting and I LOVE!!! the save the date cards...adorable!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete