Friday, July 27, 2012

It's Olympic Time!

Yesterday in my Random Mid-Week Thoughts post, I talked about my excitement for the Olympics. I'm not sure I really communicated the extent of my absolute love for the Olympics. In the last Olympics four years ago, I was in college and living with one of my best friends, Jordan. I decorated our house with red, white, and blue. Flags and beads and ribbons everywhere! I made everyone who watched the olympics with me wave a flag and wear beads and all! We ate Olympic cookies (special ordered from Ed's bakery) and watched every event, even into the wee hours of the morning! This year with all of the social media following the Olympics, I've kept up with the happenings even more! However, I was not planning to go all out and decorate our house because of the busyness that is our lives these days. I've been in literacy training all week and we are leaving this evening to take the seniors in our student ministry on a float trip, so I haven't had any time to decorate. 

BUT, I married the most amazing guy on the planet who knows me way too well and will not settle for a boring Olympic experience for his crazy wife. I came home from training today to find two sacks full of decorations, flags, a balloon, and a rather large Ed's bakery box full of Olympic cookies like I had ordered four years ago (Nathan said they knew what he was talking about when he ordered them--I guess not many people order these :)! We spent the afternoon decorating the house and getting pumped for the next two weeks!




Piper is even excited!



Aren't these so fun?!




My fourth of July wreath fits right in!



Of course, Piper will cheer on the USA too :)

We will be missing the opening ceremonies and some of the events tomorrow due to our float trip (which is going to be a blast!), but thankfully DVR was installed this morning and all will be well with my soul! Enjoy the Olympics, folks! 

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome husband you have!!! That was so sweet of him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Nathan and Lynzie Brewer! How cool!! Landri is actually making signs right now to hang up and we are making breadsticks like the olympic rings and a big chocolate chip cookie decorated of course! :)

    ReplyDelete