Saturday, July 14, 2012

Jessica and Taylor's Wedding Shower

We are now midway through July and summer is starting to wind down for me! School prep is about go begin and summer relaxation will be gone. This means that a very big day in my family is coming up: My brother's wedding! Taylor and Jessica are getting married on August 10th in Dallas and we are all so excited that it is less than four weeks away! To celebrate, my aunts and I threw Jessica a bridal shower today for family and a few friends. We started planning this shower a couple of months ago and I knew right away that I wanted to try and pull out my inner designer to decorate for the occasion. Now, I am not very creative on my own, but thanks to Pinterest and other blogs I follow, I knew I could get some ideas and run with them. I had a blast over the last few weeks visiting flea markets and finding beautiful treasures that reminded me of Jessica. I wanted to reflect Jessica's personality in every way possible and I think I succeeded as best as I could! Jessica loves to be girly, but is also very simple. She loves tea pots and old heirlooms. She has an obsession with reading and loves old books. So, put it all together and you get a vintage tea party shower! I took lots of pictures to share the day with all of you!

The table that our guests saw right as they walked in the door. 

Guests wrote marriage advice for Jessica and Taylor on wooden spoons to make the Recipe for a Good Marriage!

I wish I had taken a picture of this area after all of the guests arrived--they were extremely blessed with MANY wonderful gifts for their apartment!

My aunts, mom, and grandmother did a fabulous job of putting together our snacks for the day!

This was my favorite piece out of all of the decorations!

This one runs a close second!

My mom bought the decorative plate from Etsy as a gift, but it was too cute not to use as a decoration too!

Yummy petifores from Ed's bakery!

My favorite tea cup that I found in my flea market shopping!

Another favorite tea cup! I think my own tea cup obsession has started...

The kitchen table decorations. I loved getting to incorporate some of the doilies that my grandmother used for years and years. They were beautiful additions!



I had tea pots and rose glasses everywhere I could set them :)

Mom and mimi make the BEST punch on the planet!

All of the decorations for the shower came from shopping through wonderful Flea Markets in Greenbrier. I would highly suggest these to anyone looking for good finds! They were filled with so many beautiful items and I will definitely be going back to add some pieces to my home and classroom! Here are the ones I visited:

Country Time Flea Market
Through the Years Flea Market
Midway Antiques and Fleas
Collector's Cove

I think she enjoyed her vintage tea party shower!

Jessica and her mom

Jessica's mom, Jessica, and my mom

Our moms are quite the goof balls!

I hate that this picture turned out blurry! Me, Jessica, my Aunt Donna, and Aunt Renee--The hostesses with the bride!

Guests filled out this "How well do you know the Bride and Groom?" sheet while we ate and chatted for a while. Then, I asked the same questions to Jessica to see if she could answer them in the same way that Taylor did before the shower. If she answered a question incorrectly, she had to put a large piece of bubble gum in her mouth! By the end of the game she had 8 pieces of gum in her little mouth! It definitely gave us a few laughs :)

The bride and all of the many presents loaded up and ready to be stored until the big day!

We had such a great day celebrating the upcoming marriage of my little brother to the love of his life. I am so thankful for Jessica and her family and excited to see all that God does in this wonderful new stage of life!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! You did an awesome job decorating and Donna, Renee and Mimi did a great job on the food (as always). Love you!

    ReplyDelete